I let CIAO down; I did not get their photography deadline posted in time, but hope to make up for that hole-in-the-blog by posting the following comprehensive information sent by gallery director Michele E. Walters. Visit CIAO’s website to find out more about the gallery–you can even view a video–or call 307.733.7833 to find out about upcoming opportunities for artists.
The gallery is taking applications. Membership includes:
* Gallery representation in downtown Jackson Hole, WY
* Website representation on a busy site and webstore representation
* Free application fees into any of the juried competitions.
* Representation in press releases, newspaper articles, emailing, etc.
* Accessibility to potential collectors
First Annual Open Photography Competition
This competition is open to landscape, wildlife, candid, portrait/studio, abstract & architectural shots and more. B&W and color photography accepted. Eligibility requirements include:
• Semi-Professional and beginning photographers (Photography revenue must be less than 50% of your gross income.)
• Photos of people must have release forms.
• Work must be ready to hang, and clearly labeled with the artists name and contact information.
• No substitutions of accepted work.
• All work will remain on display during the duration of the exhibit.
• Art work must be for sale.
Exhibition date: January 8, 2010.
You could win some cash!
1st Place-$500 Cash Prize and one months representation of selected works
2nd Place-1 month free representation in featured artist section on gallery.
3rd Place– 6 months free representation in featured artist section on gallery website.
Deadline is December 18th 2009! (This is the late part. Call anyway, what could it hurt?)
Join CIAO’s 3rd Annual Naturally Nude Show. Open to all artists in any medium, traditional images and not-so-traditional, just bring it. Entry deadline: January 22, 2010. Exhibition takes place on Valentines Day.
*1st Place*-piece featured in gallery for three months with no exhibition fee; six months free representation in featured artist section on gallery website.
*2nd Place*– Six months free representation in featured artist section on gallery website.
*3rd Place-* Three months free representation in website’s featured artist section.
Submissions must be received on or before January 22nd, 2010.
Please visit CIAO’s website for links to specific events and invitations, or phone 307.733.7833.