Ginny Newsom’s call-to-action letter begins like this:
“Dear Valley Creatives – Teton Valley Community Recycling’s (TVCR) almost Annual “Trash Bash Meets Project Runway” is coming up in five weeks!”
April 25 is the day TVCR’s art n’ trash extravaganza happens, and it will be the area’s closing event celebrating Earth Week.
Newsom and TVCR are asking you to create something great this year, and that something can be a Trash n’ Show or Silent Auction item.
“Everyone knows our event has the coolest stuff in the Valley,” says Newsom. The kitchen sink and everything from fashion accessories to pet wares, bikinis, dresses, prom dresses, mini dresses, and bling is welcome.
You can bring or make Bird Houses, Bat Houses, Dog Houses, whirlygigs, flags, banners, balloon art…all kinds of heART.
Items that save resources are especially welcome–make something from salvaged and found materials!
The bottom line: Let TVCR know if you are IN or OUT, because they’re making their list and want you to be on it. Get the publicity, man!
- Shauna Crandall is this year’s Runway MC. An event in itself.
- Gretchen..sorry, don’t have Gretchen’s last name–is providing a GIANT EARTH FLAG made from trampoline fabric. ( An idea with a certain bounce to it. )
- Newsom is “rebuilding Mother Earth.”
- Jan Tice is heading up a mural project–group mural making is a gas, guys. Photographer will be present to catch you on digital.
- Many artists and other clever types are cooking up creative fun.
Minimum bids will be strictly enforced. If an item does not reach its reserved bid amount, the item will be retained and auctioned on eBay. No talent and time will be undersold.
For more-better details, contact Ginny Newsom this way: 208-354-8107/208-201-3097 cell/ or [email protected] TVCR’s website is www.tetonrecycling.org.